Jobless claims are down, coronavirus cases are up and the markets simply don’t know what to do.
On The Breakdown’s Weekly Recap, NLW explores:
- The final tally on the TikTok Doge viral campaign
- The growing geopolitical tension between China and the U.S. and where it’s manifesting
- Positive economic indicators in reduced jobless claims
- Negative economic indicators in growing COVID-19 cases and deaths
- Why bitcoin is moving sideways
- Why Treasury yields are down
- Why gold is up
This week on The Breakdown:
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.