From the "Robinhood Rally" to the most profit-disconnected stock market in history, these are the most interesting ideas from FinTwit last month.
Today on the Brief:
- Slight good news in new and continuing jobless claims
- Record corporate equity and debt sales during the crisis
- USDC freezes $100K
Introducing the FinTwit Macro Media Index:
The Macro Media Index is a monthly summary of the best macroeconomic tweets, essays, podcast and videos from FinTwit.
In this inaugural edition, NLW looks at a few key themes:
- The disconnect between the market and the real economy
- The role of the Federal Reserve and monetary policy in growing wealth inequality and social unrest
- The Robinhood Rally and bankruptcy bet that took institutional investors by complete surprise
- The great inflation vs. deflation debate
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.