The story of the economy as told by five macroeconomic indicators including Chinese stocks, New York City real estate, coronavirus cases and more.
In this extended Brief, NLW tells the story of the economy through five themes:
- China stocks surge – but how much is it driven by Chinese state-sponsored media hype?
- A tale of two cities – real estate in New York City and Hong Kong are telling very different stories
- A global currency crisis in Lebanon – foodstuffs are up 100% in the last two weeks as the pound continues to falter
- The COVID-19 ticker – daily cases continue to grow in the U.S. but deaths are declining
- The cost of the U.S. losing its place in the world – from travelers turned away in Italy to decreasing capital inflows
- Plus a bonus: what the Nasdaq all-time highs really mean
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.