Crypto.com Extends Sponsorship Drive With UFC Partnership
Crypto.com logos will appear on the athletes' kit worn both in and out of the "Octagon."
Crypto.com is extending its sports sponsorship run in a deal with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, a mixed martial arts organization.
- The Hong Kong-based exchange will become UFC's first official "fight kit" partner, an emailed announcement said Wednesday.
- The 10-year deal is worth $175 million, according to a report by Sportico, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Crypto.com logos will appear on the athletes' kit worn both in and out of the "Octagon," the area where fights are held.
- The partnership follows barely a week after Crypto.com said it was sponsoring Formula 1's new "Sprint" format, starting with the British Grand Prix at Silverstone on July 17.
- Crypto.com has also sponsored the National Hockey League's Montreal Canadiens and Italian soccer's Coppa Italia final this year.
- Research by numerous organizations in recent months has highlighted how crypto tends to resonate with a younger demographic, an audience Crypto.com seems to be trying to attract by establishing a brand presence at sporting events that are likely to appeal to younger people.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.