Ant Group continues to roll out blockchain-based platforms, announcing a way for content creators to protect their copyright on Thursday.
- Built on its AntChain network and using AI technology as well as blockchain, the digital copyright platform allows creators to "quickly authenticate and verify a variety of original works," the company said in a press release.
- These can include musical scores, videos, images, articles and essays.
- After loading a work to be protected onto the platform, it first checks that the content is the only version within its database.
- If so, a "unique digital copyright certification" containing information about the work and a notary stamp is created.
- Ant Group said these "tamper-proof" certifications could be submitted as evidence in copyright infringement and tort disputes.
- The copyright platform offers users search tools allowing them to monitor and flag potential copyright infringement, and can also potentially save creators compared with traditional copyright registration and certification services, Ant said.
- The announcement comes as the group received final approval from Hong Kong’s stock exchange for what is slated to be the world’s biggest-ever initial public offering.
- The Financial Times said Wednesday the green light sets off final preparations for the dual listing in Hong Kong and Shanghai, set to raise a massive $30 billion.
- Owned by billionaire Jack Ma, the group is now said to be worth $318 billion according to analysts cited by the FT.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.