Ant Group has claimed its clients are uploading an average of 100 million digital assets to its blockchain every day.
- The Alibaba-affiliate company made the claim in a release Thursday that announced Ant Blockchain was rebranding to AntChain.
- An Ant spokesperson later told CoinDesk these were including transaction records, as well as copyright and property ownership certificates.
- A spokesperson said they were unable to provide historic operational data for the “quiet period” in the run-up to its initial public offering (IPO).
- Chinese shipping giant Cosco said it was trialing Ant Blockchain earlier this month to distribute tamper-free documentation, such as container records and import licenses.
- The company now claims to be the largest operating blockchain in China.
- AntChain will combine blockchain with Ant's other emerging tech offerings, including artificial intelligence and the internet of things.
- The company also launched AntChain Station: a tool enabling enterprise clients to deploy on AntChain in under an hour – down from ten hours previously.
- The spokesperson refused to be drawn on how many new clients they expected to onboard with AntChain Station, citing a quiet period.
- Ant Group said this week it was planning an initial public offering on the Shanghai and Hong Kong stock exchanges at a rumored $200 billion valuation.
- If it goes through, Ant Group would arguably become the largest companies operating in the blockchain space.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.