Blockchain infrastructure provider Figment raised $50 million in a Series B funding round that was led by institutional investors Senator Investment Group and Liberty City Ventures.
- Anchorage Digital, Galaxy Digital and 10T Ventures also participated in the funding, Figment said Monday.
- The company plans to use the funding to expan its infrastructure across the proof-of-stake (PoS) industry supporting the services it provides "up and down the Web 3 stack."
- The funding follows a $2.5 million seed round last October.
- Figment develops back-end systems and infrastructure that provide yield on tokens for PoS blockchains such as Cosmos and Polkadot.
- With Ethereum's transition to a PoS model, Figment predicts that the market cap of this segment of the crypto industry will "double overnight" as it will account for everything on Ethereum rails, including decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.