Blockchain Firm Figment Raises $2.5M in Funding Round Led by Bonfire Ventures
Figment said the latest round will enable it to continue developing its blockchain staking, governance and developer tools.
Canada-based blockchain infrastructure provider Figment has completed another multi-million dollar funding round.
- Announced Thursday, the startup said it raised $2.5 million in an additional funding round led by Bonfire Ventures with participation from FJ Labs, XDL Capital Group, and BKCM, Lemniscap among others.
- "This new round of capital will enable Figment to continue to invest in our best-in-class blockchain staking, governance, and developer tools," Figment's CEO Lorien Gabel said in a statement.
- The funding follows a pre-seed round of $1 million in 2018 and a seed round in 2019 bringing in $1.5 million, also with participation from Bonfire, XDL, Lemniscap, and FJ Labs.
- Gabel said the company believes in an internet where people control and profit from their own data, rather than "large data monopolies and governments" – an objective Figment is working to achieve.
- The company provides infrastructure and tools for networks such as Cosmos, Polkadot, Celo, and Skale, as well as offering what it calls "institutional-grade" staking services on over 30 blockchains.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.