Luxury fashion brand Burberry has launched its first non-fungible token (NFT) collection in partnership with Mythical Games.
- The latest luxury brand to embrace NFTs, Burberry will feature its items via Blankos Block Party, a game with digital vinyl toys known as Blankos that live on the blockchain.
- The 165-year-old British fashion brand said the digital collection, dubbed Burberry’s “B Series,” will feature limited-edition product drops.
- The NFTs will be available for in-game purchase via the Blankos Block Party marketplace on August 11.
- The brand said it is hoping to unlock value for the gaming community by encouraging players to interact with its brand in an environment that celebrates art and design.
- Most recently, Dolce & Gabbana announced via twitter it had partnered with the luxury marketplace UNXD to launch NFT wearables.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.