- Users are able to access the staking option inside their Kraken Staking Wallet after the option went live at 21:00 UTC on Tuesday.
- Rewards of 4% to 6% are being offered to those staking ADA, Kraken said.
- Payouts are to be delivered on a regular weekly basis and are currently available for Starter, Intermediate and Pro account tiers.
- Cardano is built with a proof-of-stake mechanism providing developers with the ability to operate smart contracts and run decentralized applications.
- Staking in ADA helps power the network by allowing users to vote on changes to how the network is managed and executed.
- ADA's addition brings the exchange's staking offerings to seven, including Ethereum 2, Polkadot and Flow, among others.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.