- Users are able to access the staking option inside their Kraken Staking Wallet after the option went live at 21:00 UTC on Tuesday.
- Rewards of 4% to 6% are being offered to those staking ADA, Kraken said.
- Payouts are to be delivered on a regular weekly basis and are currently available for Starter, Intermediate and Pro account tiers.
- Cardano is built with a proof-of-stake mechanism providing developers with the ability to operate smart contracts and run decentralized applications.
- Staking in ADA helps power the network by allowing users to vote on changes to how the network is managed and executed.
- ADA's addition brings the exchange's staking offerings to seven, including Ethereum 2, Polkadot and Flow, among others.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.