Asset manager CoinShares has launched a new physically backed litecoin exchange-traded product (ETP) on the Swiss SIX exchange.
- Listed under the ticker LITE, each unit of the ETP will be backed with 0.20 LTC, according to an announcement Tuesday.
- The product has a base fee of 1.5% per annum.
- About two-thirds of CoinShares’ more than $4 billion in assets under management (AUM) is in bitcoin with an increasing amount held in ethereum.
- Litecoin is the world’s eighth-largest cryptocurrency with a market capitalization of $14.83 billion.
- CoinShares’ profits more than doubled in Q4 2020 compared to the year earlier, according to results announced March 31.
- Jersey-based CoinShares describes itself as Europe's largest digital asset investment house. The company is publicly listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.