Asset manager CoinShares has launched a new physically backed litecoin exchange-traded product (ETP) on the Swiss SIX exchange.
- Listed under the ticker LITE, each unit of the ETP will be backed with 0.20 LTC, according to an announcement Tuesday.
- The product has a base fee of 1.5% per annum.
- About two-thirds of CoinShares’ more than $4 billion in assets under management (AUM) is in bitcoin with an increasing amount held in ethereum.
- Litecoin is the world’s eighth-largest cryptocurrency with a market capitalization of $14.83 billion.
- CoinShares’ profits more than doubled in Q4 2020 compared to the year earlier, according to results announced March 31.
- Jersey-based CoinShares describes itself as Europe's largest digital asset investment house. The company is publicly listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.