Cryptocurrency exchange Crypto.com will launch a non-fungible token (NFT) platform on March 26 featuring content from the likes of Snoop Dogg, Lionel Ritchie and Boy George.
- The Hong Kong-based exchange announced the launch Tuesday, claiming it will be the "world's largest and most user-friendly NFT platform."
- The platform will be invite-only and will feature collaborations between mainstream and digital artists.
- Boy George's, for example, will mix his music with animated and still versions of his artwork.
- Crypto.com partner the Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One team will be marking its return to F1 after 60 years with a collection of NFTs on the site.
- Other sports team and leagues will be announced in the coming weeks.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.