Coinbase Pro Adds Support for Cardano's ADA
Trading will start on March 18 if sufficient supply of ADA is established on the platform.
- Trading will start on or after 16:00 UTC (12 p.m. ET) March 18 if liquidity conditions are met.
- Coinbase Pro will only support withdrawals to addresses on the Cardano network's decentralized Shelley hard fork.
- Support for addresses using the previous, Byron, version will be enabled shortly, Coinbase added.
- Aspiring Ethereum-rival Cardano gained 274% in February. ADA has become the third-most valuable cryptocurrency by market capitalization, leapfrogging bitcoin cash, litecoin and XRP.
- ADA was also added to Bloomberg terminals recently, potentially providing a large number of professional traders with exposure to the crypto asset.
- At press time, ADA was priced at $1.23, up 17.09% in the past 24 hours, and has a market cap of $39.44 billion.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.