More money, more participants, more participating banks and merchants – a look inside the latest DC/EP trial in Suzhou.
Today on the Brief:
- COVID-19 vs. Stimulus
- Small hedge funds outperform large brethren
- Equities now worth 115% of global GDP
Our main discussion: Why the newest trial of China’s central bank digital currency is its most important trial yet.
In this episode, NLW discusses:
- The significance of the “Double 12” shopping festival
- How the participant merchants have changed
- Comparison of the size of the lottery
- Changes in public interest
- Why it matters to the crypto industry
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.