New reports on digital currency design principles and regulatory standards show just how quickly the world’s bankers are moving.
Today on the Brief:
- Is the “blue wave” Democrat victory narrative in the presidential election starting to shake up Wall Street?
- Johnson & Johnson pause COVID-19 vaccine trial
- 1000 Satoshi-era bitcoins are on the move
Our main discussion: The world’s central banks are moving quickly on digital currencies. NLW looks at a slew of recent news showing how much of a priority CBDCs are becoming:
- A report from the Bank for International Settlements and seven other central banks setting design principles for CBDCs
- A G20 regulatory standards framework
- A forthcoming OECD tax reporting framework
One need only look at the increasingly speedy rollout of China’s DCEP to understand why this has become a major priority for central banks everywhere.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.