Uniswap topped August’s record high trading volume in the first 10 days of September, reaching $6,729,691,041 mid-morning on Thursday, leaving almost three weeks to push further into record territory.
- Last month’s $6.7 billion in traded volume was the leading decentralized exchange’s fourth consecutive all-time monthly high, as CoinDesk previously reported.
- Curve, the second-largest decentralized exchange by traded volume, also surpassed August’s record of $1.87 billion Thursday, reaching $1.9 billion, according to Dune Analytics.
- Liquidity on Uniswap, however, has dropped by over 60% to $619 million since Tuesday as the popular SushiSwap project successfully migrated from Uniswap to FTX’s decentralized exchange, Serum.
- For example, both the quantity of tweets referencing Ethereum and the percentage of those tweets coming from unique Twitter users have steadily increased over the past three months, reaching yearly highs toward the beginning of September, the Markets Science analysis shows.
- Even as decentralized exchange volumes continue to grow, Ethereum transaction fees have dropped 75% from their record highs of $15.21 on Sept. 2.
- The average transaction fee was $3.86 Thursday, according to Blockchair.
- Notably, Uniswap is one of the few decentralized trading platforms without its own token. Still, funding shouldn't be a problem as on Aug. 6 founder Hayden Adams announced the completion of an $11 million Series A round led by Andreessen Horowitz.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.