Uniswap's August trading volume beat July's record high less than halfway into August, surpassing $1.76 billion, leaving more than two weeks to push further into record territory.
- Current monthly volume marks the fourth consecutive record high for the leading decentralized trading and automated market-making platform.
- In the past 24 hours, Uniswap reported $213 million in volume, accounting for more than 60% of all decentralized exchange volume, according to Dune Analytics.
- The new high also comes less than three months after version 2.0 of the protocol launched with a plethora of new features.
- Notably, at the end of July, Coinbase-backed startup Dharma integrated Uniswap to its mobile trading app.
- As trading volume grows, Ethereum network fees are skyrocketing. Average transaction fees have spiked 600% to $5.27, according to Blockchair.
- Despite the fees, decentralized trading volume "doesn't look like it will be slowing down anytime soon," said Jack Purdy, decentralized finance analyst at Messari, provided the "money-making opportunities continue to outweigh the cost."
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.