NFT Marketplace Blockparty Partners With DJ 3LAU on Digital Music Collectibles
Digital collectibles maker Blockparty on Wednesday said it will release audio-visual non-fungible tokens (NFTs) in collaboration with DJ 3LAU.
Digital collectibles marketplace Blockparty said Wednesday it is releasing digital music collectibles in partnership with DJ Justin Blau (3LAU).
- According to a press statement emailed to CoinDesk, the “audio-reactive” collectibles combine 3LAU’s music with moving graphics from artist Mike Parsella.
- Blockparty said 3LAU has also come on board as the firm’s director of music and will help oversee development of such digital collectibles.
- “I am advising Blockparty on how we bring other musicians on board,” said 3LAU, who was involved in the first music concert to feature ticketing powered by the Ethereum blockchain back in 2018.
- Along with ticketing for events via Ethereum, Blockparty recently launched its own non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace.
- “The business was very difficult to scale and so we decided to spread our approach to all NFTs instead of specifically ticketing,” said Vladislav Ginzburg, CEO of Blockparty.
- Larger ticketing companies with exclusive access to events also presented a hurdle for Blockparty.
- The firm said that while live concerts are currently on hiatus during the coronavirus pandemic, once they do return, users who own 3LAU’s collectibles will enjoy additional perks such as giveaways and access at events.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.