A conversation with a VC about changes in fintech, crypto and how public market trends shape the startup scene.
Today on the Brief:
- Everyone turns bullish as S&P 500 nears all-time highs
- Emerging market currencies are floundering
- Bitcoin holding sentiment highest in two years
Our main conversation features Race Capital’s Chris McCann.
Chris was previously the founder of Startup Digest, building it to 1 million subscriptions long before email newsletters were a thing. He spent four years building the community program at Greylock before launching his own venture firm.
In this conversation, Chris and NLW discuss:
- The relationship between monetary policy and startup finance
- What changes in startup financing have followed COVID-19
- What the emerging fintech stack looks like, outside of crypto
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.