The editor of the Morning Navigator newsletter discusses a variety of macro topics and how to trade against a very strange market.
Today on the Brief:
- The DXY hits a 52-week low
- Consumers seeking alternatives to cash
- Bank of England rebuilds settlement system to work with CBDCs
Our main conversation is with trader and analyst Tony Greer. In this conversation, he and NLW discuss:
- The Federal Reserve’s role in increasing inequality
- How the Robinhood crowd differs from the 1999 bubble
- Why high-frequency traders might be the real villains when it comes to the retail bubble
- Why gold is surging even though the dollar remains fundamentally sound
- How to navigate the disparity between markets and the real economy
- Why real estate is doing well even as the economy is floundering
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.