Tuur Demeester of Adamant Capital joins for a conversation about what the Protestant Reformation and the French Revolution can teach us about bitcoin.
Today on the Brief:
- A consumer spending rebound
- A new crypto regulatory regime in Europe
- A bitcoin warning from a famed investor
Our main discussion with Tuur Demeester:
Tuur Demeester is the managing partner of Adamant Capital, a bitcoin investment firm that earlier this year published “The Bitcoin Reformation.”
In this conversation, he and NLW discuss:
- The four preconditions for a reformation, and how they apply today
- How hyperinflation contributed to the French Revolution
- Why inflation is becoming a more significant threat today
- How bitcoin memes function like unifying doctrines from past revolutions
- Why millennials could be the Greatest Generation 2.0
Find our guest online:
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.