Scam sales, a big win for privacy from Apple, new jobless claims in the “whack-a-mole” economy and the biggest BTC options expiry ever.
Today’s edition of The Breakdown is an extended version of the Brief, this time covering five topics.
- New Jobless claims - sticking stubbornly at ~1.5 million new claims per week, despite economist expectations
- The “whack-a-mole” economy - Former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers predicts as much as 30% of the economy may need to close to get COVID-19 under control
- PlusToken scam pressure on BTC price: Has scam selling suppressed the price of bitcoin since early last year?
- Biggest ever bitcoin option expiry; more than $1 billion in notational value BTC options are set to expire tomorrow, Friday, June 26
- Apple’s UX privacy triumph: Users will have to opt-in to allow apps to track them across other apps as well
Read more about
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.