One of the most popular international exchanges in the world, Crypto.com has 10 million customers in some 200 countries.
What unique features does Crypto.com offer?
- It provides a two-in-one app, an exchange and a wallet, allowing users to buy, sell, trade and store digital assets on the go.
- Some of its security features include multi-factor authentication (MFA) and whitelisting.
- Crypto.com offers a Visa debit card that allows you to withdraw or spend cryptocurrencies anywhere that accepts Visa.
- Its Earn feature lets you get interest on your deposited cryptocurrencies.
- The Credit feature allows you to take out a loan using your cryptocurrency as collateral (although not in the U.S. yet).
- Crypto.com offers competitive fees and a wide range of available assets, including 250 cryptocurrencies and access to its futures.
What is Cronos?
Cronos (CRO), launched in December 2018, is the official token standard of Crypto.com’s Cronos Chain. The Cronos Chain is a decentralized and open-source blockchain designed for payment, trading and financial services. As an open-source blockchain, it allows other companies and developers to innovate solutions such as decentralized applications (dapps). By implementing an open-source business model, it ensures safety, security and transparency of transactions within its blockchain.
CRO plays an integral role in the Crypto.com ecosystem as it is used for its Crypto.com Pay mobile app and Visa card rewards program.
Read more: What Is Blockchain Technology?
Getting started with Crypto.com
Creating an account on Crypto.com only requires a few minutes – and then you can start buying and selling cryptocurrencies.
Step #1: Go to the website and click on the Sign Up button.
Step #2: Enter your email address and create a strong password. Then, click on the Create Account button.
Step #3: Verify your email address by clicking on the link in the verification email you'll receive.
Step #4: Just confirm your email address and you have successfully created an account on Crypto.com.
Buying your first cryptocurrency
Step #1: Log into your account and click on the Buy/Sell tab.
Step #2: Select the cryptocurrency you want to buy and enter the amount.
Step #3: Review and confirm the transaction details and click on the Confirm to Buy button.
Step #4: Upon confirming, you should now have purchased your first cryptocurrency on Crypto.com.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.