Meta Confirms NFT Rollout Across 100 Countries Amid Coinbase Integration
Following a series of testing phases, NFT integration is now live on Instagram across 100 countries.
Social media giant Meta (META) has started to roll out non-fungible tokens (NFT) across 100 countries after integrating with Coinbase (COIN) Wallet and Dapper.
- Meta's founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, confirmed the rollout in a post on Facebook.
- Instagram users in certain countries will now be able to showcase their NFTs after a successful testing phase in May.
- The social media platform will also add support for Flow Blockchain, according to a tweet by Meta.
- Last month, Meta product manager Navdeep Singh said that testing was also underway on Facebook as it aimed to enable cross-platform posting involving NFTs.
- Meta's share price is currently down by 1.07% at $167. Coinbase (COIN), meanwhile, jumped by over 31% on news that it has partnered with asset manager BlackRock (BLK) to offer crypto trading to institutional investors.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.