Shopify Expands Crypto Payment Options With Crypto.com Pact
Shopify merchants also have access to Jack Mallers' Strike, Coinbase Commerce and BitPay.
Merchants using e-commerce platform Shopify (SHOP) now have access to Crypto.com as another way for accepting cryptocurrency payments.
- Sellers using the Crypto.com Pay feature can allow customers to settle their accounts with over 20 tokens, according to a statement.
- Strike, the payments network headed by Jack Mallers, announced integration for Bitcoin Lightning payments with Shopify in April. Merchants are also able to accept crypto with Coinbase Commerce and BitPay, according to Shopify’s website.
- “Our growing blockchain ecosystem demonstrates our commitment to supporting merchants with alternative payment methods on their storefronts, helping to further expand what’s possible in commerce,” John Lee, Shopify’s lead of blockchain ecosystem, said.
- As a bonus, Shopify merchants using Crypto.com Pay will not pay settlement fees for one month.
- Shares of Ottawa-based Shopify rose more than 11% in NYSE trading as of 15:28 UTC.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.