Brazilian Crypto Asset Manager Hashdex Approved to List ETPs in Switzerland
Hashdex is currently recruiting teams in London, Zurich, Paris and Lisbon to meet its expansion plans.
Hashdex, a Brazilian crypto asset manager, has been approved to list exchange-traded products (ETPs) on the SIX stock exchange in Switzerland.
- The firm unveiled its first such product, the Nasdaq Crypto Index ETF, in early 2021 followed by a decentralized finance (DeFi) ETF in February this year and a Web 3 fund in March.
- Approval from Zurich-listed SIX marks the first milestone for Hashdex's international expansion plans, with intentions to make its products available to the wider European market soon, according to an announcement Monday.
- The announcement also closely follows Hashdex's appointment of Laurent Kssis as its managing director and head of Europe. Kssis was previously a director of ETP provider 21Shares, the issuer of a number of crypto investment products on SIX.
- Hashdex is currently recruiting teams in London, Zurich, Paris and Lisbon to meet its expansion plans.
- While the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has been notoriously sluggish in approving crypto ETFs, similar products have been blossoming in Europe. As of the start of March this year, 73 crypto ETPs had been approved in Europe with a total of $7 billion in assets.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.