Hashdex Appoints Ex-21Shares Director Laurent Kssis as Europe Head
Kssis left 21Shares in September 2021 after two years on the job.
The former director of crypto products provider 21Shares, Laurent Kssis, has been appointed the new managing director and head of Europe at Hashdex, a Brazil-based crypto asset manager.
- Kssis will spearhead Hashdex’s European expansion, the firm said in a statement on Tuesday.
- "His background in crypto exchange-traded products [ETP], particularly in Switzerland – which has become the leading venue for listing crypto ETPs – will be invaluable in supporting Hashdex as we accelerate our international reach, expand our global footprint with innovative institutional-grade products, services, and build pathways to connect Swiss and European investors to the crypto economy,” said Marcelo Sampaio, co-founder and CEO of Hashdex.
- Kssis left Switzerland-based 21Shares in September after two years of being its managing director. He helped launch multiple crypto ETPs across European stock exchanges while at 21Shares.
- Before 21Shares, Kssis worked at several big-name firms, which includes Standard & Poor, State Street and XBT Provider, a CoinShares subsidiary. According to his LinkedIn profile, Kssis started his new job in January.
- Hashdex said it is also set to hire new members across London, Zurich, Paris and Lisbon.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.