FTX Hires Beauty Entrepreneur Lauren Remington Platt to Target Luxury Partnerships
The crypto exchange said it hopes Platt’s appointment will help it capitalize on the over $300 billion luxury goods market.
Cryptocurrency exchange FTX has tapped fashion and beauty entrepreneur Lauren Remington Platt as its head of global luxury partnerships as the firm continues to double down on branding and sponsorship opportunities.
- The exchange said Platt will build partnerships targeting luxury brands and encouraging them to “integrate with cryptocurrency.” She will work with FTX’s head of environmental and social initiatives, Gisele Bündchen.
- Prior to joining FTX, Platt founded an on-demand beauty company called Vesette, launching brand partnerships with Saks 5th Avenue, Vogue, Michael Kors and Chopard.
- As FTX’s empire continues to grow, Platt will be “essential for the next phase of growth of our team's partnership and branding focus," said Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO of FTX, in a press release.
- FTX said it hopes Platt’s appointment will help it capitalize on the over $300 billion luxury goods market.
- FTX has been aggressively expanding and signing sponsorship agreements. The derivatives exchange has purchased the naming rights to two U.S. sports stadiums, signed a slew of other deals with other sports teams and athletes and ran its first Super Bowl ad recently.
- FTX said it has been particularly focusing on branding and sponsorship opportunities in the sports industry to “capitalize on high-visibility moments and spread brand awareness.”
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.