Fidelity International Debuts Bitcoin ETP in Europe
The product lists on the Deutsche Börse Xetra today and the SIX Swiss Exchange in the coming weeks.
Fidelity International is listing its first bitcoin exchange-traded product (ETP) on the Deutsche Börse in Frankfurt and SIX Swiss Exchange in Zurich.
- The Physical Bitcoin ETP tracks the price of the world's largest cryptocurrency by market value and is being made available to Fidelity International's professional and institutional clients in Europe.
- Fidelity Digital Assets will act as the product's custodian.
- The ETP lists on the Deutsche Börse Xetra today and will become available on the SIX Swiss Exchange in the coming weeks, Fidelity International said in an email Tuesday.
- Trading under the ticker FBTC, the ETP will charge a fee of 0.75%.
- Fidelity International is an independent investment firm. It began life in 1969 as a subsidiary of Fidelity Investments, the Boston-based financial services giant that manages over $4 trillion in assets, and split off in 1980.
- The firm, based in London, has client assets of $812.8 billion under management.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.