Soma.Finance, a decentralized exchange for trading digital assets and compliant digital securities, has completed a $6.5 million seed round led by blockchain gaming and open metaverse company Animoca Brands.
- Soma aims to be a fully compliant decentralized exchange (DEX) and product suite for institutions and retail investors.
- Proposed services include built-in know-your- customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) functions, digital asset trading and permissionless regulated automated market making (AMM).
- The company was founded as a joint venture between Hong Kong-based decentralized finance (DeFi) platform Mantra DAO and New York-based Tritaurian Holdings, which has a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) licensed broker-dealer subsidiary.
- Other participants in the round included Kenetic Capital, Griffin Gaming Partners, GSR, Token Bay Capital, Mind Fund, Unknown VC, Fomocraft, BCW Group, Tai Ping Shan Capital, Gate Ventures and 0x Ventures, among others.
- “We believe that SOMA.finance is well positioned to become a leading, regulatory compliant decentralized exchange that is able to offer tokenized equities, security token offerings and various other DeFi services,” said Animoca Brands co-founder Yat Siu in a statement.
Read more about
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.