Tom Brady’s NFT Platform Autograph Raises $170M
The funding round was led by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and Kleiner Perkins and included the new fund of a16z alum Katie Haun.
Autograph, a non-fungible token (NFT) platform co-founded by National Football League star Tom Brady, has closed a $170 million Series B funding round that was co-led by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and Kleiner Perkins.
- Other participants in the round included Nicole Quinn, a general partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners, and the new venture firm from a16z alum Katie Haun.
- As part of the investment, Haun, a16z general partners Arianna Simpson and Chris Dixon and Kleiner Perkins partner Ilya Fushman will join the Autograph board of directors.
- Founded in July, Autograph has launched NFT collections featuring Brady, Tiger Woods, Naomi Osaka, The Weeknd, Simone Biles, Tony Hawk and Darek Jeter. Brady and The Weeknd are also members of the Autograph board.
- "We're in the midst of an exciting moment in the evolution of the next generation of the internet," Haun said in a press release. "Autograph has assembled a world class team that understands how to build trusted, delightful product experiences that will accelerate the mainstreaming of crypto."
- Last month, Haun announced that she was leaving a16z to start her own crypto-focused venture capital firm. Haun is reportedly looking to raise $900 million for a pair of funds.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.