- Brinc closed a $30 million Series B and a further $100 million for startup investments, the company said.
- The funds will be used to aid Brinc’s expansion into new locations and Web 3, which includes blockchain-focused programs in decentralized finance (DeFi), gaming and more.
- The investment from Animoca Brands continues the two firms’ ongoing partnership, following the joint development of an NFT launchpad.
- Hong Kong-headquartered Brinc claims to have supported the growth of more than 200 startups since its launch in 2014.
- The Brinc investment comes after Animoca and Binance Smart Chain started a $200 million program to invest in blockchain gaming projects.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.