Cryptocurrency broker Voyager Digital said its loyalty program has driven a sharp increase in funded accounts, which now number 1 million.
- That is a 23-fold increase from the end of last year, when it had 43,000 funded accounts, the company said in a statement.
- The broker reported an increase of 135,000 funded accounts in November alone.
- Voyager Digital also said it has now surpassed 2.7 million verified users.
- “Our strategy of focusing on our loyalty program and on customer acquisition in the September quarter paid off extremely well for us as we continue to gain market share reflected by our increased App Store rankings,” said CEO Steve Ehrlich.
- Another factor in the sharp rise of funded accounts is high profile partnerships with professional athletes Landon Cassill and Rob Gronkowski and a five-year integrated partnership with the Dallas Mavericks.
- Voyager also partnered with Fundstrat and its co-founder Tom Lee, and Market Rebellion led by Jon and Pete Najarian.
Read more about
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.