Digital bank Revolut is looking to hire a tech lead to build a crypto exchange, according to a new job posting.
- The successful candidate will be “leading a technical team to architect and build Revolut Crypto exchange,” according to a job ad posted on LinkedIn on Thursday.
- Revolut is looking for experience in building order-matching engines such as those used by crypto exchanges.
- CoinDesk reported in September that Revolut was looking to launch its own token akin to Binance’s BNB, something that would seem to tally with launching its own exchange.
- Revolut did not respond to CoinDesk’s request for comment.
- The neobank has more than 16 million customers worldwide and offers exposure to more than 50 digital tokens.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.