Digital bank Revolut is looking to hire a tech lead to build a crypto exchange, according to a new job posting.
- The successful candidate will be “leading a technical team to architect and build Revolut Crypto exchange,” according to a job ad posted on LinkedIn on Thursday.
- Revolut is looking for experience in building order-matching engines such as those used by crypto exchanges.
- CoinDesk reported in September that Revolut was looking to launch its own token akin to Binance’s BNB, something that would seem to tally with launching its own exchange.
- Revolut did not respond to CoinDesk’s request for comment.
- The neobank has more than 16 million customers worldwide and offers exposure to more than 50 digital tokens.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.