Revolut, a U.K.-based digital bank, has been valued at $33 billion in a funding round led by SoftBank and Tiger Global Management.
- The round raised $800 million, the company said in a release.
- The figure is six times Revolut's $5.5 billion valuation of February 2020.
- Talks between the U.K. fintech and SoftBank's Vision Fund 2 were reported earlier this month, with indications Revolut could be valued as high as $40 billion and raise as much as $1 billion.
- Revolut intends to use the funds to boost its offering to U.S. customers and to expand into other international markets, such as India.
- The neobank has offered crypto trading since 2017, and in May enabled customers to transfer the assets bought to wallets held elsewhere.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.