Marathon Digital Holdings (Nasdaq: MARA) has secured a $100 million revolving line of credit with Silvergate Bank in bitcoin and U.S. dollars.
- The loan, which was secured on Friday, will be used to fund the company’s bitcoin mining operations and to acquire new equipment.
- It will be available for one year and can be renewed annually by agreement between Silvergate Bank and Marathon.
- Marathon Digital said it has received 26,960 top-tier ASIC mining machines from Bitmain so far this year, with an additional 8,459 ASIC miners currently in transit. Its current mining fleet stands at 25,272 active miners producing approximately 2.7 EH/s.
- Marathon Digital also published its latest bitcoin production and miner installation updates on Monday. In the third quarter, Marathon increased its bitcoin production by 91% quarter-over-quarter to 1,252 bitcoin, growing its total bitcoin holdings to approximately 7,035 with a fair market value in September of approximately $336.3 million.
- Marathon shares have increased more than 200% year to date as the price of bitcoin has risen dramatically.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.