New York Giants Ink Sponsorship Deal With Grayscale in NFL First
The tie-up also involves “educational seminars on cryptocurrencies for Giants personnel.”
The New York Giants team has locked down the National Football League’s first corporate cryptocurrency partnership, with Grayscale Investments.
- Grayscale is now the “Official Digital Currency Asset Management Partner of the New York Giants,” the team said Wednesday.
- Under terms of the deal, Grayscale will provide “educational seminars on cryptocurrencies for Giants personnel each year.”
- In a statement, Giants Chief Commercial Officer Pete Guelli said the asset manager could guide the team “in navigating the cryptocurrency ecosystem.”
- Deep-pocketed crypto orgs have been piling into professional sports partnerships in 2021, most notably FTX, which landed the naming rights to the Miami Heat’s basketball arena for $135 million.
- Crypto.com also signed a sponsorship deal with hockey's Montreal Canadiens in March.
- Grayscale and CoinDesk are both owned by Digital Currency Group.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.