Cryptocurrency exchange and wallet provider Blockchain.com has acquired Artificial Intelligence Exchange (AiX).
- Terms have not been disclosed for the acquisition of the London-based developer of an artificial intelligence (AI) negotiating and matching engine for over-the-counter (OTC) trading.
- The acquisition will help drive the rapid growth of Blockchain.com’s institutional offering, according to a blog post by Blockchain.com CEO Peter Smith on Wednesday.
- AiX’s team boasts employees with experience at firms such as JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs, Smith added.
- Blockchain.com raised $300 million in Series C funding led by partners of DST Global, Lightspeed Venture Partners and VY Capital in March, which valued the company at $5.2 billion.
- That came only a month after a funding round led by Google Ventures valued the company at $3 billion.
- These funding rounds were followed in April by a $100 million investment by Baillie Gifford, a 110-year old asset management firm with $445.3 billion in assets under management (AUM).
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.