Blockchain.com has raised $300 million in a funding round that valued the company at $5.2 billion, 73% more than the company was deemed worth only a month ago, according to a published report.
- The investment into the London-headquartered firm was led by DST Global, Lightspeed Venture Partners and VY Capital, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
- The news comes a month after the raising of $120 million in a round led by Google Ventures. In that round the company was valued at $3 billion.
- The deal is a sign that venture capital firms are once again diving into the crypto space, the report noted.
- Blockchain.com offers wallets, trading and numerous other crypto-related services to its 31 million customers.
- The company claims to have have over 70 million wallets across over 200 different countries.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.