Cryptocurrency exchange Binance has teamed with settlement provider Etana Custody to increase the options for users buying digital assets with fiat currencies.
- Announced Tuesday, Binance users can now fund their accounts with 15 national currencies through the fiat gateway that serves the Europe, Asia, North America and Oceania markets.
- The 15 funding options include the United Arab Emirates dirham (AED), Czech koruna (CZK), Danish krone (DKK), Hungarian forint (HUF), Mexican peso (MXN), Norwegian krone (NOK), Polish złoty (PLN), and Swedish krona (SEK).
- Other options like the euro (EUR), Australian dollar (AUD), Canadian dollar (CAD) and Swiss franc (CHF) are also included.
- Etana provides Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) standards that are compliant with the Bank Secrecy Act, per the announcement.
- Brandon Russell, Etana founder and CEO, explained that users would be able to trade digital assets on Binance while maintaining their fiat balance on Etana.
- Also providing services for crypto exchange Kraken, Etana Custody is a third-party custodian and settlement provider of both fiat and digital assets for brokers, traders and exchanges.
- The addition brings the number of countries and regions in which Binance customers can fund accounts with fiat to 170, according to the firm.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.