Flashbots Reveals New Version of Its Key Ethereum Software
Development of SUAVE, as the project is codenamed, has been going on for a year.
Flashbots, whose software plays a pivotal role in the Ethereum blockchain ecosystem, said Friday that for the past year it has been developing a new version of the technology.
- The company announced this at Devcon in Bogota, Columbia, the biggest Ethereum conference of the year. Flashbots is a research and development team that has been working on ways to curb the potential harms of MEV – a controversial way of making money by reordering blockchain transactions.
- The new version is called "SUAVE," a codename that stands for “Single Unifying Auctions for Value Expression.”
- According to a presentation slide from Devcon, the software will be a fully decentralized block builder.
- It will be open source and EVM-compatible, supported across multiple chains.
- The Flashbots team announced that more details about SUAVE will be shared next week.
- Flashbots garnered a lot of attention recently when it decided to make open source its MEV-boost code following the U.S. Treasury Department’s decision to sanction Tornado Cash transactions. This way others could develop their own non-censoring relays.
Read more: What’s Going On With Ethereum’s MEV-Boost?
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.