Bitmain Says New Liquid Cooling Miner Is its Most Power-Efficient Model to Date
The S19 XP Hyd. will deliver 255 TH/s at 20.8 J/T.
The world's biggest manufacturer of crypto mining rigs, Bitmain, released a new liquid cooling mining rig which boasts the best power efficiency among all of the firm's models.
- The new Antminer S19 XP Hyd. boasts 255 terahash/second (TH/s) of computing power at 20.8 joules per terahash (J/T) of power efficiency, running on 5,304 watts, according to Bitmain's website. They cost just under $20,000 per unit and will ship in the first quarter of 2023, according to the site.
- Its energy efficiency narrowly beats Bitmain's previous best, the Antminer S19 XP, which brings up to 140 TH/s at 21.5 J/T at $11,620, and competitor MicroBT's Whatsminer M30S++, which delivers 112 TH/s at an efficiency of 31 J/TH.
- The hydro cooling rigs are designed to be used in Bitmain's own containers. Liquid cooling is a method of using a liquid, such as coolant going through pipes, to release heat from the machine.
- The firm also announced a new container, dubbed the ANTSPACE HK3, which fits 210 mining machines and consumes 1 megawatt of power.
- In January, Bitmain announced the Antminer S19 Pro+ Hyd., its first rig to come with liquid cooling, which delivered up to 198 TH/s at 27.5 J/T.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.