Blockchain Data Project Covalent Sells $10M of Native CQT Token
The CoinList sale resulted in 14,000 new holders of the token, Covalent said.
Blockchain data provider Covalent has sold $10 million worth of its CQT native token in a sale on distribution platform CoinList.
- The firm said Monday that public sale comprised 3.5% of the total CQT supply, with 14,000 individuals or entities holding the token as a result.
- CQT is used as the platform's currency enabling interactions between the network's users, as well as a staking asset for validators who earn fees for answering queries from developers. Token holders also have rights to vote on the governance of the project.
- “Consumers of blockchain data want fast and easy access to data without the pain of dealing with individual blockchain data structure idiosyncrasies,” said Graham Jenkin, CEO of CoinList. “The Covalent team gets this.”
- To provide its data services, Covalent has indexed eight blockchains: Ethereum, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Polkadot, Cosmos, Avalanche, Fantom and Elrond.
- The firm closed funding rounds in October 2020 and March 2021, totaling over $5 million. The more recent round included contributions from Binance Labs, Coinbase Ventures and Delphi Ventures.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.