Israeli Firm Unveils Tech Allowing Users to 'Undo' Erroneous Ether Transactions
Kirobo has repurposed its bitcoin transaction reversal feature to work on Ethereum.
Kirobo, a Tel Aviv-based startup known for developing a product that reverses erroneous bitcoin transactions, has repurposed its invention to work on Ethereum.
- Announced Thursday, the Retrievable Transfer service is now available to users transacting in the network’s native ether token.
- “The use of our logic layer finally eliminates the need to send a test transaction, sharply reducing the level of anxiety users feel when transferring funds to a third party,” said Asaf Naim, CEO at Kirobo.
- Available to users of MetaMask and any wallet that uses the WalletConnect protocol, Retrievable Transfer allows users to reclaim funds sent to the wrong address by generating a password that is entered by the sender.
- The receiver of the funds must also enter the matching password; failure to do so allows the sender to reclaim the funds, reversing the transaction.
- In addition, the service is also designed to safeguard against sending funds to smart contracts that don’t support deposits, as well as man-in-the-middle attacks, according to Kirobo.
- ERC-20 tokens on Ethereum will also be supported by the service at a later date, the startup said.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.