On Thursday, an anonymous DeFi user deployed Curve Finance’s Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) and token smart contracts without the team’s permission, but the Curve team is adopting it anyway.
- Since launching, the token contract already has roughly 3,500 active addresses and has seen some 31,000 transactions.
- Following the deployment, Curve Finance tweeted it had “no choice but to adopt it,” saying in another tweet it appears “to be an acceptable deployment with the correct code.”
- The abruptness of the launch and the team’s willingness to go along with the premature activation has raised eyebrows in the DeFi community.
- Curve Finance is a decentralized exchange for stablecoin trading and has been live since February. The CRV token is designed to work with the Curve DAO.
- 0xc4ad signaled the premature launch of Curve's DAO and governance token on Twitter.
Curve did not respond to CoinDesk’s request for comment at the time of publication.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.