An alignment of interests is a strong motivating factor behind any commercial transaction: Parties on both sides of the transaction must find value in what they are doing for the trade to proceed. One of the roadblocks to the wider adoption of various cryptocurrencies is that while buyers may want to spend cryptocurrencies, vendors might not want to accept them. This is all about to change with the recent launch of World Token ($WORLD).
World Token is a global ecosystem that uses frictionless staking and constant burns, all while supporting a digital escrow marketplace. It’s a unique platform that combines the best tokenomics of current frictionless yield protocols for instant rewards with the additional benefits of staking. This way the best rewards can be guaranteed without any token inflation.
A 3% transaction tax goes to holders, merchants, stakers and a perpetual marketing and development fund. This project is built to continually expand until it has an ecosystem to call its own. The 3% acts as an incentive pool to build the network and reward users.
The $WORLD system guarantees token rewards to LP stakers on every block, regardless of whether there was a $WORLD transaction on it or not. Under the same system, rewards will scale as the project grows while ensuring the rewards pool will never run out.
To take the project forward, World Token has partnered with other market infrastructure players and with merchants in various sectors.
- The strategic partnership with the digital escrow service Ethbox alleviates any risk of loss while sending cryptocurrencies by harnessing the cryptographically unbreakable safety of the underlying Ethereum blockchain.
- World Token will be deploying its marketplace, farming and token contracts on OneLedger, a distributed consensus protocol company. The OneLedger blockchain will act as a bridge between enterprises and other chains, and $WORLD will be the first frictionless yield marketplace on OneLedger – allowing merchants and consumers to conduct e-commerce on a secure and convenient platform.
- In the sports sector, World Token has struck a partnership with Ludus, a decentralized platform that connects managers, trainers and athletes around the world.
- In the gaming sector, it has partnered with Chain Games, an ecosystem that combines smart contracts, blockchain and state-of-the-art gameplay.
- Finally, in the consumer sector, it has teamed up with MoonJuice, the first crypto-powered energy drink.
These partnerships are just the beginning. World Token opened its merchant applications in April 2021. This was soon followed by the launch of its online store platform, where merchants can list their items and start receiving and staking tokens.
Initially, this will be limited to digital items that can be instantly delivered. But in September it will be expanded to physical items, backed by added features such as dispute and escrow systems that are needed with a non-instant delivery marketplace. By the end of the year, a P2P exchange will also be rolled out.
Building this ecosystem, where buyers and sellers can base their transactions on the $WORLD token, will revolutionize its utility and significantly increase its uptake. To find out more about the tokenomics and the phased development plans, please click here. World Token looks forward to seeing you on the platform.