- The Seoul Metropolitan Police have asked various crypto exchanges to ban Luna’s capability of withdrawing company funds, the report said. It was not clear which exchanges were asked or whether they have complied.
- Terraform Labs lost $30 billion this month when Terra’s UST stablecoin and LUNA cryptocurrency went into a death spiral, costing investors billions globally.
- The associated Luna Foundation Guard was charged with protecting UST’s peg using a war chest of billions of dollars in bitcoin (BTC); it ultimately failed.
- Terraform Labs CEO Do Kwon is already under the financial crimes microscope and is facing a tax evasion investigation by a South Korean police unit known as the “Grim Reaper.”
- Luna Foundation Guard did not respond to a request for comment by press time.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.