Propine, a Singapore-based digital asset custody provider, announced Monday it has been awarded a capital markets services license from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
- The news comes as Propine graduates from the MAS FinTech Regulatory Sandbox, which allows financial institutions to experiment with new financial products under the close eye of the central bank.
- The company was admitted to the sandbox to provide digital asset custody services in November 2019.
- The firm also exits the sandbox with what it claims is the first ISO 27001 certification for a crypto custody provider.
- The ISO 27001 certification is an international standard providing a framework for preserving the confidentiality and integrity of vital data.
- “Compliant infrastructure is a bedrock on which the foundations of the security token ecosystem are created,” said Propine CEO Tuhina Singh, in reference to MAS' regulatory framework for digital assets.
- As well as custody, Propine offers digital asset servicing, trade settlement facilitation and investor reporting with a focus on institutional clients.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.