Having cleared a major resistance level during Friday's Asian trading hours, bitcoin (BTC) is looking north.
- The top cryptocurrency rose past $25,000, breaching the resistance dating back to August 2022 that also capped gains last month.
- The move has shifted the focus to the next technical hurdle above $28,000.
- "Bitcoin has now the chance to climb to the next technical level, which is situated at $28,000," Markus Thielen, head of research and strategy at crypto financial-services firm Matrixport, said.
- "Within larger price swings, bitcoin has rallied, reacted and retested from $4,000 point increments – $16k, $20k, and $24k – from which the current breakout is now targeting $28K," Thielen added.
- Wall Street's tech-heavy Nasdaq index rose 2.6% on Thursday, confirming a bullish pattern on the daily chart, according to chartered market technician Aksel Chibar. Bitcoin tends to move more or less in line with the rate-sensitive technology stocks.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.