- FTX and China-focused exchange Gate.io continue to trade the luna token.
- Meanwhile, Gate.io reports $84 million in volume during the last 24-hours for luna.
- Thai-based exchange Bitazza was trading both luna and UST up until early Friday morning Asia time, then pulled the plug on both.
- UST continues to be traded at FTX and KuCoin, with $678 million in volume during the last 24 hours at FTX and $248 million at KuCoin.
- Binance and many other major exchanges halted trading of LUNA and UST as both neared $0 and the Terra blockchain was shut down the first time.
- It’s unclear if the Terra blockchain will ever be restarted, meaning that the trades may never be settled and traders unable to cash out.
- UPDATE (May 13, 17:06 UTC ): According to a tweet from Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao, deposits, withdrawals and trading of the tokens has resumed on that company's platform.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.